I never realized this before now, but if I were stuck on a tropical island–thinking LOST here–I would be basically be set as far as beauty items as long as there was a coconut tree that I had access to. Obviously anything warm and summer-y is on my mind after the past few cold months, but this winter would have been a lot longer without coconut oil.
Coconut oil is more than just a natural alternative to chemically products. It is the ultimate all-in-one. If you’re looking for a new product to try for any of the following uses, considering picking up some coconut oil!
My Current Uses:
- Face Moisturizer: My skin is miserably dry all year but especially in the winter. I apply solid coconut oil twice in the morning and twice at night, a few minutes apart. This might seem excessive, but my skin soaks it up and I don’t even want to think about how flaky my skin would be without it.
- Hair product: The first thing I do after I get out of the shower is comb my hair…then I dry it a bit with a towel… THEN I put some coconut oil in it.
- Body Lotion: I don’t use coconut oil as lotion everyday, but it is really nice when targeting specific areas that are really dry.
I have been trying to minimize my routine and coconut oil has been a big help in starting to do so! I’ve read about a lot of other uses for coconut oil to I thought I would share the ones that I think are worth trying.
Still to Try:
- Makeup Remover/Face Wash: It would be nice to basically just have to carry around a jar of coconut oil when I travel if this actually works. Just add water!
- Shaving Cream: I know conditioner works in a tight fit, but coconut oil might be nice too! Avoiding that ‘woman tax‘ stuff too…
- Cooking: I’ve read about a lot of health benefits that come from consuming coconut oil, both in cooking and literally just by the spoonful. Looks like I could still get some daily vitamins if I ever get stuck on that island!
Whole foods sells some coconut oils, marketed separately for cooking or beauty, but Trader Joe’s sells coconut oil at a nice price with nothing added to it so that it can be used for anything! I also think it smells amazing.
Do any of you have an experience with coconut oil and have any suggestions for what use I should definitely try next? I would love to know and to hear from any of you that try any of my suggestions!
Cuckoo for Coconuts,