My 2016 motto was “less talk, more action”. As simple as it sounds, I was only relatively successful with it as far as joining my sorority, my summer working next to the beach, and booking a flight to Spain. 2017 is the year where I kick it up a notch.
I couldn’t go as far into the future as the lovely Paxton Mittleman did, my professional mentor who inspired me to write this up, but this list leaves me full of excitement for the coming year.
My 2017 Goals
The Measurable (in no particular order)
- Write everyday: It’ll help me in the long run, even if it’s just a quick jot.
- Get my nose pierced: Oddly enough my mom convinced me.
- Join a committee on my sorority: Saying “get more involved” was too vague.
- Get a great job in Delaware if I don’t get an internship: Gotta be realistic.
- Go to the beach once a month this summer: I miss it.
- Get a tattoo: Something dainty.
- Perfect the process of the french press: The Keurig isn’t cutting it, no matter how convenient.
- Apply for CEAStudyAbroad: Spring 2018 here I come.
- Get 500 followers on penneformythoughts: And enjoy the journey.
- Try a new recipe once
every 2 weeksa month: Can’t get too ambitious there, but different variations of the same thing don’t count.
- Visit a new [American] town or city: Road trip?
- Have a 30-photo nikon portfolio: Or have 30, high-quality photos I am completely and utterly proud of. Food photos don’t count.
- Parasail (again): I’d give zip lining a shot too.
- Learn [at least] one song on my guitar: I’m thinking James Arthur, Lauryn Hill, or the Lumineers-if not all three.
- Read 3 books on my own time: I’m not going to share how many books I didn’t read this year.
The Vague (to remind me how endless the possibilities of the future are)
- Laugh until I cry: As much as possible
- Stay Healthy: mentally and physically
- Think More: Ask more questions and seek more answers
- Stay positive: Constantly keeping that glass half full
- Self love: Enough said
I am not making any promises to myself with this blog in particular because I can only hope my goals will fuel my passions and ideas.
Happy New Year Everyone!